We address people with a gushing heart (both present and future members) urging them to:
- Explore their environment by looking for people in need, namely recipients of their offer of love.
- Provide unassumingly, without drawing attention to oneself so that one remains almost invisible whatever they can, be it money, material goods, any use or their time. Human contact is the main issue.
- Suggest to the Charitable Love Foundation KAITH PAPAPOSTOLOU, potential recipients of the offer of love, should you be unable to help them, so that the Foundation can refer them to other willing members who can contribute.
- Participate in joint actions of love organized by the Foundation, such as gathering food and other necessary items for deprived families.
Examples of love offer
- Hold the hand of your fellow man who has been dealt a blow by fate. For instance, help out someone who is mourning the loss of a loved one or is in languishing in his/her hospital bed.
- Knock on your neighbour’s door, the one whose name you probably do not even know. They may be in need…
- Ensure on a daily basis that your lonely neighbor is alright and does not need anything….
- Assist them in their daily shopping or pay any bills on their behalf.
- Pay a visit to the neighbours with the unemployed parents, whose financial problems are a “common secret”, offer some fruits or vegetables “your relatives brought you from your village” or you bought more than you needed by mistake. The following day, offer them some other dishes for them to “taste”.
- Οffer whatever you can with warmth, discretion, modesty and, of course, with a bright and sincere smile.
- Allow your retiring, coy fellow man all the space and time needed. Make them realize with your behaviour that we are there for them should they need something.
- Be patient since it takes time to build human relationships. When your actions are pure, everyone appreciates them.
- Express your caring nature, when someone is ill or in hospital and try to find ways to be always around. Call them, just to check on their health. Read them a book or a newspaper. They may need to visit a doctor or to be admitted to hospital for a check-up. The most important thing is to hear them out…They want to be heard! Perhaps in this way they he will express their fears and worries.
- Buy more things than you really need when you go at the supermarket. For example, buy rice, a carton of milk or juice. Leave them at their door or nearby, if you want to be discreet.
- Above all, listen; Become a friend, show empathy for your neighbour’s plight. Don’t forget that you could be in their place.
Our dear member,
Thank you very much for your interest. We welcome you to the Charitable Love Foundation KAITH PAPAPOSTOLOU.
The vision of the Foundation, based on the way philanthropist Kaiti lived her life, sets it apart from the majority of charity associations or relevant foundations.
Having as a guide Kaiti’s modesty and contribution, we focus on real human relationships. Having Kaiti’s spark of kindness as a spring board, the Foundation’s ambition is to spread this woman’s philosophy to as many people as possible. Our mission is to lay the foundations for a better, more humane society, through people who become increasingly better persons with each passing day.
With the assurance that you share the Foundation’s sensitivities, we encourage you to:
- Focus your attention on your immediate environment, such as friends, family, colleagues or anybody in your broader social environment and try to approach everyone who seems to need your compassion, showing them as well that you will be there for them.
- Respond to the Foundation’s invitation to share with us your latest experience of offering love, regardless of whether you were the offeror or the receiver. It doesn’t matter how great your action is. What counts most is the thought and the emotions that prompted it.
- Reflect on the reasons which thwarted you from continuing to help. Don’t feel guilty but don’t spurn common sense, in order to discover yourself better.
- Try to boost or strengthen these human relationships with everyone “offering” them a wonderful smile, an encouraging or reassuring word, when the need arises, devoting your precious time in providing compassion and support.
- Your contribution could be material, such as books and foodstuffs or it could be moral, such as holding a suffering person’s hand or offering any other human contact. The Charitable Love Foundation will find a way to contribute because unconditional love is the fundamental driving force.
Should each one of you feel ready to share or suggest ways of helping others, you could address the Charitable Love Foundation KAITH PAPAPOSTOLOU, which is looking forward to your ideas and any suggestions at your own discretion. You are also welcome recommend people you know who may need a helping hand.
During the regular meetings of the Foundation, members will have the opportunity to share these experiences and plan the next day, a brighter day, with more smiles and greater positivity.
Welcome to a journey of selflessness where we aim to improve ourselves to the fullest extent. With our warmest regards
With our warmest regards,
The Charitable Love Foundation